Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gimel Performance

Tues 15th March 6 - 7pm We (Gimel) played our set this eve and it went very well. I got a sketchy outline of the music off Jonathan minutes before our set started and, on top of our rehearsal last Sunday, it worked great for me. Just one piece of paper with the important data I could take in at a glance - more like a set list with time signatures and the odd phrase written out. It meant my head wasn't buried in a chart and I could catch Jonathan's visual cues - of which there were many! We successfully toned down our performance to great effect. I felt there was much more breathing space in the music. It had more poise and composure than our performance at the Band Rotunda in Albert Park a month ago. Wayne Laird from Atoll Records was there to record the concert and I gather it was captured without any hiccups. So the proof shall be in the pudding. Good comments afterwards from friends and colleagues in the audience. More and more I can appreciate positive feedback.
So that was my last gig at the Garden Bar. Thanks to Sandy the sound man and Amber the stage manager for being helpful and relaxed and wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. my thoughts entirely, tres empathitic as always chris, poise is the place

    ReplyDelete